Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY)
Many departments rely on student workers to lend support to the numerous tasks to ensure the successful daily operation of Vassar College. The Student Employee of the Year program, sponsored by the Northeast Association of Student Employment Administrators (NEASEA), is a nationwide recognition program that begins at the institutional level. Each year, NEASEA looks to supervisors at colleges across the region to nominate student employees who they feel are especially worthy of recognition based on their performance on the job. If the student you nominate is chosen as the institutional Student Employee of the Year, his/her nomination form will be forwarded to district level and could potentially continue to the regional and national level for consideration as the National Student Employee of the Year. The information you provide may be shared with the public via news articles and the like.
SEOTY Nomination Process
- Students currently employed through Vassar College Student Employment, including students working on campus as well as off campus in the CSWS program
- The student must be in the current position s/he is being nominated for.
- In order to be eligible for consideration, student employees must have worked a minimum of six months part-time, during the selection period which is from June 2014 through May of 2015.
Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Quality of work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
- Complete the nomination form. Keep in mind the selection criteria when completing the form. If possible, cite examples where the student has exhibited the specific qualities.
- Save the nomination form, attach to an email and send to email@example.com.
- The form deadline is February 16th, 2015; there will be no exceptions for late submissions.
- The SEOTY Committee will review all eligible nominations submitted by the deadline.
- Selection will be based on the selection criteria above.